re: American vs Japanese vs British (was True of False)

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: American vs Japanese vs British (was True of False)
From: "scott s." <75270_3703a@csi.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 14:14:29 +0000
On Thu, 8 Oct 1998 18:41:30 -0400 (EDT), Andy wrote:

>My previous TR6 was, for many years my main transportation.
>I bought it in El Paso, TX where it was my daily driver for 6 months
carrying
>me from El Paso to Alamagordo, NM 3 to 4 times a week,
sightseeing trips,
>and many 10K races (me not the car).
>I drove it home to Huntsville, AL where it was my daily driver. I
drove it to
>Florida and back twice, Savannah, GA, and back, Indianapolis,  IN
and back,
>Honesdale, PA and back several times, Ft Lee, VA where it was
my daily
>driver for several months (more side trips). I took it to Germany
(your tax
>dollars at work). When I returned it was again my only
transportation for
>some time and always my favourite.

Bought my 73 Triumph used in 76.  It was my only car until
85.  Major failures in that period (80-100K miles)

Rear wheel bearing (destroyed hub trying to fix)
Clutch fork pin (left me stranded)
Headlight switch (had to do a long drive that night too)
Alternator
Points set (actually I think what happened was something got
in there and screwed up the gap)

I remember losing brakes once, can't remember what was wrong
(bad master probably , got it home with the hand brake)

The top would reliably leak, but I guess that's not what we're
talking about!

scott s.
.