Re: TR4 rad hoses...

To: walker05@camosun.bc.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 rad hoses...
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 18:35:49 EDT
In a message dated 98-10-09 23:19:54 EDT, walker05@camosun.bc.ca writes:

> It occurs to me that I probably won't be able to get the OEM spec rad
>  hoses locally.
>
>  Has anyone got one that they could measure for me?  I was thinking of
>  getting a hose off the shelf that had the proper bend in it and cutting to
>  suit.
>  So, I'd need:
> inside diameter
> angle of bend (approx...)
> length overall

Reminds me of the night in L.A. in Dec. ''66 when the small buy-pass connector
hose at the top of the water pump let go.  It was 12 midnight; my wife and her
grandmother, at whose house we had been staying for the holidays, had had a
tiff and we had packed up the 3 week old first child and were heading for a
motel.  Bingo, that great smell of coolant boiling into the atmosphere.
Pulled into a service station - in those days they were SERVICE stations.  The
mechanic and I scratched our heads - I mean who even then carried Triumph
hoses.  We finally cut a garden hose, clamped it in place and filled it with
H2O.  As one of my old mechnanics used to say - IMPROVISE.  It worked for
enough time to get to a dealer (yep- they used to be around also) and get a
new hose.

Malcolm, I've got an old top by-pass hose and one of the two which connect to
the metal "hose".  I carry them for emergencies (we never have an "emergency"
which requires what we are carrying  :-).)Let me know which one you need and I
can measure it for you.  Cheers.

Art Kelly  OOPS

Just saw your second message:

>Forgot to mention that this is for the lower 2 hoses, that go "around" the
>bent metal pipe.

>I guess then I won't need the ID as I can just measure the OD of the pipe
>and subtract a little bit :-)

Yep.  Cheers.