Ordering from England - caution

Subject: Ordering from England - caution
From: Scott Swanberg <sswan60@usa.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 18:16:45 -0500
There has been some comments made lately about the ease of ordering
parts directly from England.  True, it is very easy, but a word of
caution when it comes to shipping.  Here is my experience:  In order to
be sure of what I was getting I decided to go straight to TriumphTune to
get some uprated front springs for my GT6.  I ordered the parts on a
Tuesday, and to my surprise, they showed up at my doorstep in St. Paul,
MN on the next Saturday.  Impressive right?  I checked the invoice and
discovered that I had just paid $73 for shipping.  I know it's based on
the weight, but the damn things only cost $66.  What do they do, have
the RAF fly their parts worldwide?  I called UPS who quoted me a similar
price, but it still pissed me off that I paid that much for shipping.  I
emailed TriumphTune and complained about them automatically defaulting
to the most expensive shipping option.  TriumphTune explained back to me
that they use the most dependable means available to assure timely
delivery, and that it is the way it is done.

Moral of the story is that especially for overseas orders, make sure you
ask about what your options are for shipping and get an estimate so you
can decide if it is worth it.

It makes the Rimmer Brothers, Triumphest offer of free shipping, very
attractive.

Live and learn.

Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
'67 GT6