Re: TR3 starter/solenoid/wiring question

To: coday@localaccess.com (Coday Family), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 starter/solenoid/wiring question
From: ORMJIM@webtv.net (Jim Philpott)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 08:32:24 -0700 (PDT)
I'd like to join this discusion.  I have a tr4 that the starter kept
hanging up on.  I think all the wires are correct, the battery was new
when this began.  I losened the starter and it disengaged from the
flywheel, after doing this several times I started the car with the
starter not fully tightened to the engine/tranny.  I tried several shims
without success , finally in desperation I placed a washer on one side
of the starter and tightened the bolts. This forced the starter into a
kittywhompus postion,but it seems to work. I think something must be
bent , I tried aouther used starter with the same results. I don't like
the way it is. Any ideas ?