Need help with Starter solenoid wire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need help with Starter solenoid wire
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 17:09:16 EDT
Hello,
1.) I have just rebuilt my ZS carbs on my 73 TR6 and am trying to get the car
started again (am beginning to wish that I never touched the carbs). :(
Anyway, I purchased new Bosch plugs (platinum) and a new Lucas Sport Coil in
an effort to get a better spark. The plugs are wet and I am not sure which way
to adjust the needle jets to lean out the carbs (I have the special tool that
goes thru the dashpots).
2.) I have also heard that I must run a new wire to the coil from the fuse box
because the existing wire is a "Resistor" wire.
How do I identify this resistor wire?
I have what looks to be the original wiring coming out of the wiring harness;
a light tan w/braided insul. connected to a white w/yellow stripe wire capped
with black heat shrink material, then the white w/yellow stripe wire continues
to the + side of coil.
How do I connect the new Sport Coil?

3.) Also, I noticed that I have a thin wire (brown I think) which is cut or
broken off at the starter solenoid. This wire is in the same harness as the
thicker brown wire that connects to the spade terminal on the starter
solenoid. What is this wire for?
The car runs without it connected.

Any help is appreciated.

Wayne from Massachusetts