Re: TR6 Carpet

To: bzw8@cdc.gov
Subject: Re: TR6 Carpet
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:46:46 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I too am looking for a Tan carpet kit for my 73 TR6 ("New Tan" color interior
vinyl seats and trim on tan carpets), but I will probably make it myself just
like I did 12 years ago using the existing carpet pieces at patterns, buying
good "sun resistant if possible" carpet material and sewing vinyl edging as
required with a heavy duty sewing machine. The cost of the "good" OE kit is to
expensive IMHO and my carpets will come out just as good for less than half
the cost.

But Victoria British has three different types of carpet kits to choose from:
1. Standard Carpet Kit; $153.95 for low grade carpet with 1/4" foam backing
which is        intended to be glued in.
2. Deluxe Carpet Kit; $219.95 for a deeper (50% more) plush nylon cut pile
carpet  with 20 ounce jute backing, comes with all hardware needed for
installation.
3. OE Style Carpet Kit; $247.45 for nylon, $307.95 for wool, with underfelt
kit $49.95      sold separately. This carpet is made from the original materials
which were used         by Triumph.

You can get a Black or a Brown Kit from other places for about $100, but I
would prefer to stay original with the proper color tan carpet with tan edging
and emergency brake boot which matches my seat vinyl.

I am also looking for Brown or Tan Fuzzy door seals (draught excluders) for
both doors. I do not want to change to Black seals which is all I can seem to
find.

Wayne from MA
73 TR6 Mallard/New Tan