Unplanned release of BLUE SMOKE (ie, The day went badly)

To: Spitfire list <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Unplanned release of BLUE SMOKE (ie, The day went badly)
From: "Smith, Brian" <brian_s@deq.state.la.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 08:32:31 -0500
List,

I could of just sat in the driveway and cried...  The weather has been
perfect and I wanted to get my electricals in order to get the Spitfire
inspected.  While trying to get the connection to the middle fuse to work
properly the unfused portion of that circuit (ie The Brown Wire) shorted
against the body.  Instantly, the blue smoke was released.  Now I have a
Fried Circuit...and the worse part,  this was a NEW WIRING HARNESS salvaged
from a parts car.  I am sick at my stomach...just needed to share.

PS, anybody got an extra 1972 spitfire IV wiring harness....

Brian H. Smith
1959 TR3
1972 Spitfire IV
1977 TR7