TR6 vs GT6 red 13 blade fan

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 vs GT6 red 13 blade fan
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 06:33:29 -0700
I wanted a 13 blade fan and had thought that the TR6 and the GT6 ones were
one and the same.  I received a 13 blade red fan that I traded with a
lister, and as usual for me, before really checked things out, I discovered
that they don't carry the same part numbers.  I just assumed that the two
fans were the same.  The one I have is 14 inches in dia, and being that
large will not clear the water pump pulley as installed on the GT6.  I am
now under the impression that the spacer used on the TR6 spaces the fan out
so that it clears the front of the water pump pulley.  The GT6 however does
not use this Spacer and has only clearance for at most, a 13 inch fan (the
stock yellow one is 12 and 1/2 inches in dia).  What I am wondering is if
the GT6 13 blade fan is basically the same as the TR6 with the blades
effectively having a 1/2 inch or so removed from the tips.  If this is the
case I can trim the ends of each blade to achieve the 13 inch dia required.
 Are  the TR6 13 blade fans truly 14 inches in dia or do I have something
else-

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire