Re: Dirtbag/overdrive

Subject: Re: Dirtbag/overdrive
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 20:03:38 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Sorry to here about your experience.  Answer to question 1: Let the buyer
beware.  Unless there is a signed contract with the OD tranny explicitly
stated, or if he stated in an ad for the car that it had an OD tranny,
there's not much you can do.  It's his word against yours.  Sure he's a
dirtbag (if he knew there wasn't an OD)for doing that, but don't expect
anything from him.  If he knew of his actions, do you think he would
actually feel he owed you anything?  If he truely didn't know, and if he
can't get an OD tranny, he should refund part of the cost (read difference
between an OD and non-OD car).  Reminds me of the time I almost purchased a
79 TR7.  The owner told me it had a five speed 'box, but a shifter from a
four speed, that's why it won't go into fifth gear. Boy was I gullable then,
if it wasn't for my Dad not signing over the title of my car to me, I would
have bought it.

Answer to question 2: Don't have a clue about the worth.  You have one, I
need one: $5.00   I have one, you need one:$500.00 ;-)

Ron and Angie - Dalton, Ga
62 Triumph Vitesse (RIP)  77 Spitfire (wants to be DSP)
84 300ZX Turbo       92 Tempo GLS (Stealth Bomber)
"I have a tendancy to wear my mind on my sleeve.....
 I have a history of losing my shirt" - Bare Naked Ladies