Dirtbag/overdrive

Subject: Dirtbag/overdrive
From: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@iso.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 09:25:52 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I am already the owned of one TR 6 which I intended to restore when another
was for sale locally. Thinking it easier to restore another car while still
enjoying driving the one I have I bought it. After disassembling part of the
car I discovered the overdive for the transmission was not their and it was
a standard tranny with no OD. The seller assured me that it was there but
not connected to the switch. The owner also thinks he is doing me a favor by
trying to see if the person he bought the car from still has the OD tranny.

Question: I am right to assume if he told me it had an OD and it doesn't he
owes me something, right?
Queston 2: how much is an A type (or even a J) overdrive minus the rest of
the tranny in rebuildable condition worth and how hard are they to locate?