TR6 wheel camber and swingarm mounts.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 wheel camber and swingarm mounts.
From: johnw@wrq.com
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:18:43 -0700
Cc: johnw@wrq.com
In issue 1113, "Kevin N. Andrews" <kevina@emji.net> laid out a detailed
chart showing several of the possible combinations of swingarm mounts and
their resulting camber angle values (here it is for clarity):

RIGHT REAR
Change    Inner      Outer      Camber
started     3up       1up       -1 1/2deg. (where I am now)
1           3dn       1up        1 3/4 deg (where I may go)
2           2up       1up       -2 deg.
3           3dn       1dn        1 1/4 deg.
4           3dn       2up        1/2 deg.
settled                          1/4 deg.

LEFT REAR
Change    Inner      Outer      Camber
started      2dn       1up       - 1/2 deg.
1            2up       1up         2 1/2 deg.
2            1up       1up         2 deg.
3            1up       2dn         1/2 deg.
settled                            1/2 deg.

My question is this: I have a '74 with too much camber. I've rebuilt the
IRS, and put in standard springs, no packing washer. I have a single notch,
up, on the rear outer and a triple notch, up, on the inner. Can I simply
turn the triple over to cause the wheel to sit up straighter (note chart)?

Thanks in advance
John

PS: Still looking for hardtop quarter window seals, left and right.