Waxoyl v Dinitrol rust controlling fluifs.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Waxoyl v Dinitrol rust controlling fluifs.
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:17:39 EDT
Listers

The message about Tectyl was interesting, as I have heard of that stuff before
and it sounds very like some of the Dinitol products:

I have a leaflet here about Dinitrol products and I reproduce the salient
points hereunder...I have no commercial inteest yada yada ya!!!

Dinitrol (1st in Practical Classics Long Term Anti-Rust Test May 1993)
Rust Killer & Ant-Rust Treatment for your car.

RC800 = Rust Killer/Convertor for heavily rusted areas

3125 = Rust Preventing Wax for dirty & rusty areas

3654 = Rust Preventing Fluid for clean or new metal

4941 = Rust Preventing Fluid for external areas

RC800 is rust killer/convertor for use on rust covered areas where it kills,
then chemically converts rust (Ferrous Oxide) to a passive organic compound
that bonds to metal surface. It is a milky white liquid that once painted on
will turn to a blue dry surface, and then to black when rust conversion has
taken place.
It says here that it is a Rheological liquid (I think that means that it
'stops' a chemical reaction ?- I also used something very much like this on my
Herald's floorpan in 1981 when I first got my car, I recall that it was very
expensive at that time and my little car used 17 containers of it, but the
floorpan never rusted badly, so it most probably worked!!!)

3125 is a thixotropic (does that mean it works in contact with air ?), rust
preventative fluid that won't crack, chip or peel and is designed to be used
on internal or external cavities. It has excellent creeping capabilities that
will penetrate through dirt and rust preventing further corrosion even in
seams up to 20mm wide. Anti-corrosion additives and surface active properties
allow application to be carried out on damp and dirty surfaces without
affecting the products performance but to save waste, it is always best to
apply to areas that are as clean as possible.

3654 is a thixotropic rust preventative fluid that has been designed for use
on open surfaces as well as internal cavaties where the area to be treated
isn't damp or dirty. It has excellent creeping capabilities that will
penetrate seams up to 20mm preventing corrosion. It is based mainly on
synthetic waxes, corrosion inhibitors and a white spirit type solvent. When
the product is applied and the solvent has evaporated, the product leaves a
waxy, water repellent protective film that gives excellent corrosion
protection.

4941 is a tough black elastic rust preventative which provides long term
resistance against rust and abrasion. After application and the solvents have
evaporated, a waxy protective film remains on the treated area giving high
protection. The film is heat resistant and retains it's adhesion without
cracking. Drying time is between 6 to 12 hours dependant on application
temperature and environment.

Technical Information Hotline: Tel: 00-44-1205-354500 (from outside USA)
or 01205-354500 inside UK.

I hope that gives everyone an insight into their product range and relief to
those listers living in salt-free States of the USA !!!

All the best and take care of that Triumph this Wintertime!

Leon F Guyot
TSSC International

63 2L Vitesse Convertible (restored)
67 1200 Herald Convertible (for sale)