Re: Removing Rear Hubs

To: "ralph.jannelli" <ralph.jannelli@mci2000.com>
Subject: Re: Removing Rear Hubs
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:24:24 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, ralph.jannelli wrote:

> I made a hub puller for my Spits in a way that should work for TR's as well.
> Take an old trashed wire wheel splined adapter. Cut down to just below the
> splines have a 1/2" or so plate cut and welded in to  fill the hole. Have it
> center drilled and tapped for a large puller screw like the one you can get
> out of a $10 pitman arm puller. Bolt it on to the hub a screw away. Should
> be able to be built for much less than $130

Ralph - great idea. I have several of those hub adapters haging around
anyway... I'll give it a shot. In the case of the TR6 outer hub, it would
probably be a good idea to beef up the flange base by plug welding a 1/2
or 3/4 inch piece-o-steel onto the base and the top section should be pretty
thick too, but this is a great idea.

Thanks.

> Ralph Jannelli
> '65 Spitfire MKII
> '72 Spitfire MKIV
> '80 TR8 DHC

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |