TR6 exhaust

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 exhaust
From: Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP <Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:04:55 -0500
The current exhaust on my 76 TR6 is rapidly approaching the end of it's
useful life.  Looking for pros/cons on :

1:  stock mild steel exhaust, treated with an exhaust paint to prolong the
life

2: stainless steel version of the stock exhaust

3: stainless steel front pipe and intermediate pipes with a Monza exhaust

Need to determine which will be best for price, life, and loudness.   The
car is driven almost daily.  I live in southwestern Illinois, so we get snow
and ice along with salt being applied to the roads.

Will likely start the project next spring since the car will be getting a
new interior and painting during the winter.

Thanks in advance.

Frank
'76 TR6