YES!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: YES!
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 21:53:14 EDT
OK, guys and gals.  I'm back home to Florida for good and my TR4.  Had a brake
problem last Dec which we listers tried to solve.  Seems the brakes were
locked up.  Well got some after prompting yesterday from "the other half"
about letting a "mechanic" give me a second opinion.  Since I know a good one
nearby, I drove it to his shop and said "I need an oil change and lube" (hey -
$15 and I don't have a lift - that's worth it).  I also said "the passenger
side brake is hung up."

Guess what?  None of us had it last Xmas holidays. The right rear brake
cylinder retaining clip had departed the car and the brake shoes were sliding
around inside the drum.  This caused them to lock up.  The mechanic said
"Hmm.  Lot's of luck getting this part."  I replied "NO sweat."  (Hey, folks,
for all the bitching about our suppliers - check this).  He fabricated a temp
repair from a sheet of metal, inserted it and told me to be careful until I
got the right part (don't think he really believed I could get it).
Drove home, called TRF.  Part will be here Friday.

Then went for a 35 mile drive.  Hadn't driven her for any distance since last
DEC.  Only drove ten miles or so in April and July.

The thrill is all still there.  Engine runs great.  Handling is great.  Five
people asked  about the car.  One MGB-GT guy wanted to know about the MG list.
Two folks just stood and drooled.  The AMOCO station attendant (middle-aged
"good ole boy") said "nice looking car" in an awed voice.  He had a couple of
'merican rods in the shop.

Next step is the SS exahaust installation.  The exhaust system has been
sitting in the garage for the last 2 1/2 years.  Never had time to put it on
while I was working up North.  This week.

Should make it in the TR4 (not the 300Z) to Ocala, Fl for the VTR SE regional.
And she's now my daily driver again.  Not a concours winner - but doing what
the boys at Coventry wanted.

Just had to share this.  Thanks.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L  (original owner/1st car ever owned/factory
pickup/daily driver).  As I said "YES!"