"Rookie" questions....

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: "Rookie" questions....
From: "B.E.Warren" <tr4fun@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:56:42 -0400
First..  a sincere "Thank You!!" to many of the "regulars" on the
list..  I've
been reading for a while, and have gained some very practical knowledge
and
diagnostic approaches for troubles I'm sure to find...

I've recently gotten serious about my '67 4A project..  I've replaced a
floor
panel, inner sill, and rocker on the left side, and need to do the same
on the
right..  My questions are regarding the sequence of events, regarding
the
priming/painting of these parts in this process......   Since the floor
panel
vertical flange, inner sill, rocker assembly is semi sealed...  What's
the
best time to prime/paint??  If I prime before welding the thing in,
don't
I burn the primer when welding, leaving exposed areas for rust??  Do I
assemble, then rust-proof the enclosed areas??   Any thoughts would
be much appreciated...   Maybe I shouldn't care too much.. my objective
is a driver, not Concours...  I'd just hate to do this all again in the
near
future because I didn't think/ask about it now.....

Again... thanks for the opportunity..

Bruce Warren
Indianapolis

67    4A   CTC76332