live axle hubs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: live axle hubs
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 06:16:38 EDT
<<Has anyone on the list successfully inspected, repacked and/or replaced
 the rear wheel bearings on solid axle Triumphs?>>
I tried the rented puller and fluids etc to no avail....  searched the bay
area and found only one guy in a San Francisco shop that worked on Jags etc
who took them on and swore it would be his last set of Triumph axles...$250
later I had new bearings, seals, lug bolts, and re-turned hubs-they get a bit
bent in the process ya know. That was around 1984.
Carl
'64TR4