RE: 5 spd into 4 spd TR-7?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "'PScales'" <pscales@blvl.igs.net>
Subject: RE: 5 spd into 4 spd TR-7?
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 14:19:49 +0100
requires 5-speed box, different prop shaft, in theory different diff( which
inpractise you don't need) you can shorten the existing prop shaft if
required. Apart from that there are obvious bits like different lever,
brackets etc.  Should bring your revs down to a good level, I remember
reaching 180 at about 5 k revs. Doubt you a) want that speed and b) your
regulations allow that. If you get it you can use the five speed box from an
sdi 3500 if thats easier as its the same box.

Gernot