Re: re-emergence of Triumph name

To: Ken Bertschy <kentop@dakotacom.net>
Subject: Re: re-emergence of Triumph name
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 08:38:27 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Ken Bertschy wrote:

> The Triumph marque is not a "quality" marque. The cars have always been
> cheapo little everyman type cars.

        Ken, Whatchootalkinbout, man? Triumph WAS a QUALITY marque...
        At least it was before WWII (when Donald Healey was in charge of
        the competition department)... That's what lead to its demise.
        I just cant remember whether it was first demise or the second...

        Suffice it to say Triumph has a history of rising from the ashes.
        If the (proposed) "phoenix" is decent at all I'll, buy it...

        It'll look great parked next to the "Green Man"

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois