Engine stopped

To: submit <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Engine stopped
From: Kramer <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:56:11 -0400
Hi Listers! Here's the problem:
My friend, the other day, started his car up [warm it up for his wife on
a clod morning] & put a flex hose on the end of the exhaust to close the
door & stop it before the pipe. As the car was running, somehow the door
closed-down on the pipe to crush the pipe close. He opened the door but
the pipe remained crushed closed. He then ran over & shut-off the
engine. When he went to start it up again, he heard a little grind &
hasn't been able to start-up the engine. Question: 1)Could
"backpressure" have done anything to cause this problem? 2)Where should
start? 3)What should he do to diagnose the problem of not starting? I
know that it isn't much to go on, but this is all I know atthis time.
Thanks for your response in advance. -Cosmo