Parts Numbers

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Parts Numbers
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:16:24 EDT
A note to the list about part numbers.  I found a rubber seal in an envelope
of parts which I had ordered from TRF in '96.  I had no idea what the seal was
for.  The envelope had TRF's part number on it.  As someone on the list
mentioned last week, the TRF part numbers are identical to the original
Triumph numbers.  So what?

Well, I have and others also have, TR parts catalogues.  In the front of those
is a numerical listing of parts and an index to the page where they are
pictured.  In my case the seal was identified and shown as the seal for the
bolt end of the oil filter housing.

My point is that if you have a part number (whether original or from TRF)
someone on the list with a factory parts catalogue will be able to identify
it.  Cheers.

Art Kelly