TR4A overdrive questions: Dan Masters-type question.

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4A overdrive questions: Dan Masters-type question.
From: "Mike & Mary Smith" <mysmithnc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:06:21 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
My overdrive doesn't.  If I mechanically operate the lever,  the OD kicks in
and out properly, but I don't get any satisfaction, electrically.  The relay
will click when the electric switch is operated when in appropriate gears,
but the solenoid ignores me.

If the solenoid is bad, can I repair it?  How can I test the solenoid and
relay for proper operation?  Is there a common kludge- I mean modification -
for installing a manual operating lever?

There, doesn't that sound like a challenge to the talented Dan Masters?

Mike in Asheville
CTC57208LO