Re: Say it ain't so, Joe

To: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Say it ain't so, Joe
From: Keith A Edwards <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:28:09 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "'culture.virus'" <blknwht@nwrain.com>
You are correct that the Triumph Acclaim was _not_ an Accord; it was
what is marketed in the US as a Civic.  I understand they call the car a
Ballade in Japan.  The Acclaim only came as a 4-door.

When I used to have a 1981 Accord 4-door, I put "Triumph" and "Acclaim"
badges on the truck lid, as they closely matched the "Accord" badge.  A
friend had gotten these badges for me from England.

I don't still have the Accord, but I still have the badges on my shelf
in the garage.

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
kedwards@norfolk.infi.net