TR4 Rad Cap

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: TR4 Rad Cap
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 18:08:38 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 ArthurK101@aol.com wrote:

> > Well, I don't know if I've cured the problem with my TR4's cooling system
> >  (it burps a little bit of antifreeze on shutdown)-- I'm going to get a
> >  replacement rad cap (of correct size!) soon, and will play around with the
> >  hoses.
>
> New cap should be 7psi.  Be careful - there are 4psi ones around.

ARGH

I've got a 4psi cap on order.  Should it be 7 instead?  It seems that I
have a TR3 style radiator, with the extended filler neck (expansion tank).
I will be installing a catch tank so's that if I do boil over I won't
spill all over the place.

Should I cancel my order and try for a 7lb cap?  The parts-guys' book said
4lb.

What will happen if I use the 4lb cap?

-Malcolm