RE: speed bleeders

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: speed bleeders
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:55:19 -0600
A quick thanks to all those who replied to the attached question I posed a
few days ago... The consensus is that if clear tubing is used on the speed
bleeder then one person can still bleed the brakes reasonable well by
pumping the brakes a few strokes with the bleeder open and then checking the
tube for any air bubbles close to the valve. If no bubbles are there, that
line has been bled.

Personally I still like the idea of having two people do it. That way I can
observe when the "big" burst of air comes out (this always happens when the
system has been disassembled for some reason such as replacing the MC or
replacing a line, etc.). The speed bleeders would in that case remove the
requirement to open and close the valve.

Thanks again

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---