RE: mismatched tires

To: "'Ken Tharp'" <kthinc@dwx.com>
Subject: RE: mismatched tires
From: gbuck@pinnaclegrp.com (Gordon Buck)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:05:35 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Ken,
I suppose if all you do is go for nice "Sunday drives" on sunny days and never
stress the tires there will be no noticeable difference.  My feeling however,
is that they owe you at least two tires.  In tire tests by the various
magazines, there is always considerable difference between tire performance
even though the tires being tested are all the same size.  I would want a
matched set either front or rear.
I don't know that you could make a court case out of it necessarily, but just
the fact that they look different would bother me and I would let them know I
am not happy about it and expect them to do something about it.
You brought in a matched set of 4 tires.  They basically ruined that set.  At
the least they should match two of them.
Probably would not do business again with them and would tell all my friends
(this complete list as a start) about their poor business practice.  My
experience with Goodyear Tire Centers (in the Northwest only) has been minimal
because each experience I did have with them has been a bad one.  I was always
left with the feeling that they did what was in THEIR best interest and not in
MINE.

Gordon Buck
Sultan, Washington
71 TR6  CC62806