Re: mismatched tires

To: fergie@ntplx.net
Subject: Re: mismatched tires
From: Ken Tharp <kthinc@dwx.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 22:44:41 -0500
Cc: Gordon Buck <gbuck@pinnaclegrp.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Listers,

Since I started this thread, I thought I should let you all know what
the resolution to my situation is going to be.

With one phone call this morning, I was able to locate a dealer who
sells the Mohawk tire which the Goodyear dealer ruined yesterday (even
though the Goodyear dealer told me it was no longer available). In view
of the many responses that I received from the members of this list
(what would we do without each other?) and a couple of phone calls that
I made this morning, I formulated a proposal which I hand-delivered to
the dealer. The proposal included three potential resolutions, any of
which was acceptable to me. The first was to for them to install three
new tires which matched the one that they put on yesterday to replace
the one they ruined. One of the three tires would be free to me, and I
would pay $5.00 each over their cost for the other two. (This is the
option which was my first choice.) The second was for them to give me a
matching tire so that I would end up with two pairs of tires. And the
third option was for them to buy me a Mohawk tire to replace the Mohawk
tire that they ruined.

They called me late in the day and accepted my option three - they will
be buying me a Mohawk tire and installing it at no charge to me, which
puts me back in the condition I was when I drove into their dealership.
This was my least favorite option of the three, but as I mentioned, it
is acceptable to me because it makes the situation no worse than it was
before we started.

Thank you once again for all of your responses. I copied them all and
delivered them to the dealer along with my proposal, and I know that
they helped the dealer realize that I wasn't going to go away without
some type of resolution!
--
Ken Tharp
West Des Moines, IA