Re: Leaky GT6 Spin-on filter kit

To: isaac@avana.net
Subject: Re: Leaky GT6 Spin-on filter kit
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:24:14 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< Has anyone else had this problem with the Mocal adapter kit?

 I am using the larger internal o-ring, and have tightened the thing up
 pretty tight.  Initially I had no leaks, then the car leaked down
 overnight after being run.  Now it leaks from the bottom of the adapter
 plate whenever started.  There is no visible gap at the bottom.  My
 engine is from a '70 GT6+.  I am planning on attaching a filter
 relocation kit to the adapter plate, but obviously I have to fix the
 leak first.  Any suggestions?  Do I need an even fatter O-ring?  Should
 I have used the thinner o-ring that was also included with the kit?  I
 appreciate any comments or help!

 Isaac Crow >>

Isaac,

I had this very same problem with my MGA.  If it's the seal between the engine
block and the adapter, you can add some non-hardening Permatex (or the like)
to both sides of the rubber seal, then refit it.  Make sure both surfaces are
clean first.  I never had another problem with it.

Scott