Help with getting TR6 started again

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Help with getting TR6 started again
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 13:13:07 EDT
After rebuilding my ZS carbs on my 1973 TR6, I cannot get it started again .
I was very careful while rebuilding, replaced all the seals and installed new
Grose Jets. When I put it all together on the engine, it started and ran for a
while, heated up and died, ever since then I cannot get it started.
The car ran fine and started easy for the 15 years I've owned it.
I cleaned the plugs and points and replaced the same on the engine.
I got carried away during the rebuild, and pulled off the alternator for
painting and the coil for buffing.
The dist. cap and rotor looks good.
My plugs are getting wet (mixture to rich). So I turned needles CCW to lower
them as low as they go (still won't start and plugs are wet).
The seat for the needle is about 3/32" below the bridge, is this normal?
The needle doesn't fit tight in the seat, is this normal?
The spark plugs are showing an orange spark (.025" gap).
SO WHY WON'T THE BLOODY THING START?  HELP!!!
I have a new Lucas Sport Coil, should I install at this time and increase the
spark plug gap to .035" in an effort to get a better spark or should I do one
thing at a time?

Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6 Mallard/New Tan