RE: seat foam for a 79 Spit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "'HMENTZEN@aol.com'" <HMENTZEN@aol.com>
Subject: RE: seat foam for a 79 Spit
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 14:36:59 +0100
Hans,
that shouldn't be any problem, though I dunno anything particular about spit
seats. Usually the covers are clipped to the frame by means of some clip or
the other that will be in the respective parts manual. It will pay off to
get some spare clips unless the car has never had damp interior, cause being
close to the floor the tend to rust a bit. Remove the clamps, remove the bit
that holds the foam up(might almost certainly need replacing as well) rip
the foam out, reverse procedure. The only bit thats a bit complicated is
when you peel off the seat covers as not to destroy them but its not THAT
diffcult.