Re: TR4 : Removing rocker panels

To: MRobe33243@aol.com, MRobe33243@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 : Removing rocker panels
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 12:32:33 -0500
Hi Bob,

I did run a brace across the top of the door.  I won't be removing any floor
boards or the inner sill.  The only rusty part is the rocket itself.  Its in
pretty
sad shape.  Also the car is up on jack stands right now. If it was on wheels
I wouldn't be able to do anything with the underside of the rocker.  How did
you do this part while it was on wheels?

> Brad:
>
>     Before you start it is recommended that you do the job on a level
>     floor
> with the tires on and properly inflated.  Take measurements of the
> distances between the door frames, top & bottom, the distance between A
> posts and B posts.  Once you have the measurements, spotweld two angle
> iron braces the top of the A post to the bottom of the B post and from top
> of the B post to the bottom of the A post. (on both door frames where the
> bead channel is located . Spot weld two braces in the form of an X across
> the topside from A post to B post and vice versa.  Measure again.  Do one
> side at a time because the the floor and rocker panels provide most of the
> rigidity of the vehicle.  Hope this helps..
>
> Bob Roberts
>
> TR$ 35411CT

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Now a parts car)
1961 TR4                  CT288L (Now with OD!!)
1959 TR3                  TS41311L (Rusting Hulk)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108