removing bondo

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: removing bondo
From: Don Spence <spence@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 11:39:01 -0700
The method I used involved using an angle grinder and a rotary wire
brush. Unless you are superman, get a mini grinder (Black & decker,
Makita ...) Make sure the wire brush, cup style is rated for the
appropriate rpm.

Do it outside and wear a good dust mask and eye protection. The stuff
will be removed in a cloud of dust and the brush will also remove any
surface rust hidden under a bad repair. Gets it ALL off.
This also works for stripping paint ( with the usual safety caveats.)
I' ve stripped an entire TR4A this way. Not a weekend job though.
Cheerio
Don