If it had been a snake.....

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: If it had been a snake.....
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 19:48:08 -0500
Listers,

Some of you may remember that a while back I was looking for a
Transmission case that had a serial number under 1000.  Well I was working
on the OD unit that I had picked up and I needed to compare a part on that
tranny to another one.  So I looked at the tranny I pulled out of the TR4A
CT72398L that I was parting out to use as a comparison.  Apparently I had
never looked at the serial # on that tranny figuring that since it came out of
a TR4A that it would obviously be a real high number.  Anyway I laughed
my head off when I looked at that serial number and found out that it was
CT525.  Right smack in the middle of the range of what I was looking for.
For whatever reason someone had swapped in a real early gearbox in the
TR4A.  So I guess my search is over <G>.

Sorry, just had to share that.

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Now a parts car)
1961 TR4                  CT288L (Now with OD!!)
1959 TR3                  TS41311L (Rusting Hulk)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108