Herald

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Herald
From: Ian Stehlik <ian.stehlik@orana.spirit.net.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 12:04:48 +1000
Dear Triumph listers

I have just joined this list and am impressed with the quantity, quality
and genrous spirit of information being exchanged around the world.

We have a 1960 Herald, bought this year with a view to cheap, fun "al
fresco" motoring for our family of four here in Canberra, Australia.
"Harriet" is a two tone saloon with the roof removed and a soft top made up
by a previous owner.  She had been unused for three years when purchased
and is now a slightly rough but roadworthy daily driver.

I was interested in the recent thread on dating Triumphs.  Our car's
details are:

Commision No            G 17881
Engine No               FE 10981 (948cc, assumed to be orignal but not certain)
Body No         2556KA

I'd be interested to discover an estimated "date of birth".

Cheers

Ian

Ian Stehlik, Orana School, Canberra, Australia.
Tel 02 6288 4283 (Mon - Thurs), Fax 02 6287 1100
e-mail ian.stehlik@orana.spirit.net.au
Tel (home) 02 6282 4814