RE: TR6 Carbs (& other misc ?'s)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "'mrdr@buckeyeweb.com'" <mrdr@buckeyeweb.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 Carbs (& other misc ?'s)
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 16:05:04 +0100

> ----------
> From:         mrdr@buckeyeweb.com[SMTP:mrdr@buckeyeweb.com]
> Reply To:     mrdr@buckeyeweb.com
> coil and am running Bosch Platinum plugs.
Can't recommend the platinum plugs, they are supecttive to fouling. That
might not be your problem, guess you are right insuspecting a crab fault,
could be a leaking inlet gasket as well. Usual vacuum leaks etc.

> Looking ahead to the winter tasks, I want to paint the air cleaner and
> valve cover.
Can follow you for the air cleaner, mine matches the car colour (yellow).
Can't follow you on the valve cover, sn't that supposed to be chromed? I
know the spit one is painted silver.

> Finally, I'm also looking to paint the intake manifold but don't want to
> take it off the car. Is this possible?
Why should you want that? a good brush with engine cleaner or white spirit
will renew them to as new condition.

Gernot