Re: Sooty Rear-end

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sooty Rear-end
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 16:44:32 -0400
Scott Helms asked:

>Isn't there a special tool that fits down inside the dashpot hole for
>adjusting the jet?  I used this tool on my '72 GT6 when it was too rich and I
>couldn't seem to get the mixture lean enough

That tool works on the later cars, but the '70 is unusual in that is
really and truly non-adjustable; Barry is quite correct.  Welcome to
the early days of emissions controls.  I'm about to fit a set of carbs
from a junkyard '68 GT-6 onto my '70 GT-6+ for that very reason.

John Lye

'59 TR-3A, '62 TR-4, '70 GT-6+
email: rjl6n@virginia.edu
homepage:  http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm