Re: TR6 differential mount

To: mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 differential mount
From: tr6guy@juno.com (Joseph J Burlein)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 12:06:02 -0400
Cc: TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net
Yup, very familar.  There is kit you can get from TRF or a guy called
Dean Houston in Florida that fits in there perfectly to box all the mount
points.  Cheaper to get it through Dean.  (I think he may, but not sure,
provide the pieces to TRF.  Or did at one time.)  Dean's number is on the
Central Florida Triumph Register's Home Page under sales and service.  A
decent metal worker should be able to do it too.  Just make sure they
leave breathing holes in the thing.

Joe Burlein
1972 TR-6

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 11:58:39 -0400 Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
writes:

>I just shook on a deal for a 1974 TR6.  Before that I had a
>professional
>LBC mechanic check it out.  Aside from the exhaust system (which I
>KNEW
>was bad) the only big problem is the differential mount which was
>sheared in the front.  He says that most TR6s eventually have this
>problem and that when he does the fix he fashions a brace and welds
>it
>in place to prevent reoccurrences.  Does this sound familiar to you
>veteran TR6ers?
>
>Tim Gaines
>Clinton, SC
>
>1980 Spitfire
>1974 TR6

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]