Re: IGNITOR Module Question

To: tr6guy@juno.com
Subject: Re: IGNITOR Module Question
From: triumph@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 98 11:38:23 PDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe Burlein wrote:
        > has anyone installed that and how does it work?  I am thinking about
        > putting one into my TR-6.

I've been running a Pertronix Ignitor that I bought from Roger
Bolic for some years now.  FItting is very straightforward
as long as the base of the unit is set up for the Lucas dizzy.
It should not take more than 15 mins to install (I can
change to the Ignitor or back to points in under 3 mins now).

It was the very best $63 I ever spent on Rags ('74 TR6); starting is easier
(probably too easy now, so I crank with the choke in to get oil to the
top of the motor), runs smoother and revs smoother all the way
to the redline.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego

PS Bearing overhaul is done, and I've got great oil pressure - am working
on a how-to document now.