TR3 Rear Leaf Springs - Restoration?

Subject: TR3 Rear Leaf Springs - Restoration?
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 19:11:54 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello All,

I have taken the rear leaf springs off of the car, and am wondering what (if
anything) I should have done with them. They look kinda old and tired, but
have no cracks or rust. I talked to one spring shop today, and they said
there was nothing they could do unless I did all sorts of measuring and
testing while they were still on the car (of course, I did not do any of
this, and the car is now just a frame and suspension). So is there anything
I should do to give them their best chance at life since they are off the
car anyway? I'm planning on replacing the bushings, but I have heard mention
of re-arching and other restorations by others on the list. Should I try
talking to a different spring shop?

As always, thanks for any advice.

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire