Re: TR3 Rear Leaf Springs - Restoration?

To: cpike@mgl.ca
Subject: Re: TR3 Rear Leaf Springs - Restoration?
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 08:26:49 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I too am at that stage with my TR3A rebuild. I have taken my rear springs
to a
 repair shop, and they say they can repair and rejuvenate them no problem. My
TR3
 manual gives the original dimensions for re-arching  them.
 They will manufacture a new main leaf, which is broken, as long as they have
the
 new bushings in order to form the end properly.
 Cliff Pike
 Ontario
 58 TR3A TS30767LO  ( Nothing but bits and pieces at the moment)
 66 Spitfire4MKII FC85163 ( Driver)
 64 Spitfire4  ( parts)

I've heard that re-arching is only a temporary fix.  Maybe it depends on
whether they use heat or not, since the heat will soften the steel and it will
lose its temper.  No, not get mad....the other kind of temper.

Anyone have any experience?

Scott Helms