Re: 5 Speed & Limited Slip

To: Charles Ackerman <C2H60_@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: 5 Speed & Limited Slip
From: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 08:01:55 +1000
Cc: triumphs_list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Charles Ackerman wrote:

> Goomorning listers
> I have heard listers inquiring about the 5 speed toyota conversion.  Has
> anyone installed this kit?  Anyone out there with the 150hp engines using a
> posi unit?
> CC51493LO***************************************************************

We have a local racer using a Toyota 5 speed and the ratios are
terrible. 1st is very tall and 2nd a mile away. When searching for
Toyota 5 speeds you have to work out the ratios you want. The most
common conversion box is from the Supra range and this is the one with
the poorly chosen ratios.They work OK on V8 conversions cause most of
these can afford a 2nd gear start!!

We have been running a Salisbury LSD out of a Dolomite Sprint for ages
with no problems

Terry

***** English Spare Parts *****
  You neeed ESP!