Re: Only for Triumph enthusiasts in NEW ZEALAND

To: Irwin Armstrong <armstrong@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Only for Triumph enthusiasts in NEW ZEALAND
From: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 19:10:18 +1000
Cc: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>, David Greed <greed@wave.co.nz>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I can offer some first hand experiences on Fuelstar and similar

1) I have trial run my TR5 on (premium) unleaded for some time with no
noticable change and certainly no injection seal problems. Other TR
owners in Australia have similar expereinces.

2) An engine reconditioning friend who repairs many such engines
comments that old, well used TR heads are so hard it will take years of
unleaded to damage them, and even then it is a cheap fix. If you have
ever tried to cut the seats on a TR6 head you will agree.

3) My MG metro turbo is fitted with a Fuelstar and I will advise on
progress after another 6 months or so when I rip the head off.

4) My UK market Sierra Cosworth, supposedly designed for English 5 star
leaded petrol, has run on unleaded for 100,000km with absolutely no
adverse effects.

5) I have supervised the dyno and emission testing of numerous additives
for diesel engines (not petrol engines!!). In summary, most
additives do make measurable changes at various parts of the load cycle,
but no product I have tested is a cure for all known problems. For
example, some additives will reduce 1 emission at idle but increase
them under full load. The same actually occurs between brands of pump
diesel and therfore probabaly occurs in petrol also. Anyone with a deep
technical interest in diesel emissions I can provide extracts of my
reports

Terry O'Beirne
***** English Spare Parts *****
  You neeed ESP!