Re: Paint Gun Recommendation

To: rdowty@iso.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Paint Gun Recommendation
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:03:26 -0700
I'm in the process of painting my TR6.  I too chose to use a HVLP gun.  It
was a wise decision;  my old suction type guns are ready for the next auto
swap meet!  I'have really super results with my gun that I purchased from
Habor Freight for about $80.00.  The only thing to watch for is that the
gun has the right tip diameter - they vary from 10:15 mm - for the primers
and paint you are using.  My gun only had one tip and I had to spring for
another at $30.00 to handle the primer/surfacer I was using.

Keep in mind that the key to a good paint job is the surface prep prior to
paint!

Good luck

Dave
San Diego, Ca
1970 TR6 PI CP51649 - with a new coat of Laurel Green!