Rallye in the Boston, MA, USA Area, 31-October-1998

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rallye in the Boston, MA, USA Area, 31-October-1998
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:16:01 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all...

In a continuing effort to keep car counts high and to promote driving our
lovely little British cars and general social engagement,I am passing
this announcement on to fellow Triumph enthusiasts. If you are not in the
greater Boston, MA area, kindly ignore this announcement. I am holding a
gimmick rallye in the greater Boston, MA area on Sat. 31-Oct-98. Rain or
shine!!

Basically, we have planned a gimmick rallye of about 25 miles that starts
in Lexington, MA and winds around the general area of the former
Middlesex County and ends in Concord, MA. From the end point, we'll head
off to a local eatery for food, drink and socializing. There will be awards.

Oh, it's Halloween - bonus points for teams in costume and for cars in
costume too!

There will be a small fee collected at the beginning to help defray the
costs of the awards and rallye materials. Figure on $5 per car.

The format is Q+A, but we will be using the Jeopardy! format - we give you
the answers, you come up with the questions.

Sound like fun?

We meet in the parking lot for the Minuteman National Park HQ in
Lexington, MA (right near the Lincoln/Lexington town line) at 10:00 -
there'll be a brief driver meeting at 10:15 and first car will be off at
10:30. If all goes according to plan, we'll be chowing down on some
italian food at Papa Razzi off Rt. 2 in Concord, MA by 12:00 noon.

To get to the start point, take I-95 to Exit 30 - Rt 2A in Lexington, MA.
Head West approx. 1.2 miles and the Minuteman National Park is on the right.

The end point is off Rt. 2 in Concord, MA - near the Concord Rotary. Papa
Razzi is the name of the joint. Actually, this is not the end point, but
it is the gathering point where the participants will lynch the
rallyemaster... Note: bribes are accepted. ;-)

See you there, and don't worry if the Triumph is down, bring the "other"
car. We'd love to meet you.

regards,
rml

p.s. Jeopardy! is a registered trademark of somebody else. Sorry!
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |