Delco Remy Alternator pinout?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Delco Remy Alternator pinout?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:55:02 -0400
  My LBC has developed a slow battery discharge when
parked.

  I have traced it to one lug on the Delco Remy alternator
that was installed on the car before I owned it.

  Does anyone know the pinout of the alternator and what
this pin means? I suspect it's some typical diode failure
in the alternator, but would need to know for sure.

  Here is the alternator from the FRONT view, looking
at the pulley. This might be a rotated view of the way
the alternator is normally installed, but it's this way
in my car:

              ____
             /    \
            / o    \
            =       |
            \      /
              -----

   The "o" is the lug at the back where the alternator
power emerges. The "=" is an opening with two small
lugs. Unplugging the bottom one makes the current
leak stop.

  Any help appreciated, if if you can just identify
the alternator but not the lugs.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca