Re: Timing Wierdness...

To: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Timing Wierdness...
From: Tom Strange <jantoms@vbe.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 17:06:39 -0700
Cc: fot@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bob,
  Not surprising at all.  Talk to any requtable race shop, & they will tell you
that part of balancing & blueprinting (basic requirements) an engine for racing
includes "trueing" the crank for problems such as this.  Unless it is a billit
crank, machined from a solid piece of metal, ...... these problems exist.
  Your triumph has been running just fine this way; unless some brutal outside
force has caused this condition, the crank has probably been this way since
birth &
will live a long & happy life.
  Just my .01 1/2 worth.
Tom Strange, Classic Autosports Ltd., Appleton, Wi.,  920-733-5013