on board spares list -Reply

To: tthorn@comp.uark.edu, mark.milotay@onthemark.bc.ca
Subject: on board spares list -Reply
From: KEVIN EDDINS <EDDINSK@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 16:59:00 -0500
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Everything that you can fit in the trunk!  I even read once that you should
carry an extra clutch.

I carry:
1) all the tools that are necessary - including duct tape
2) extra hoses - including duct tape
3) extra belt - including duct tape
4) extra fluids (coolant, oil, brake fluid) - including duct tape(for leaks)
5) rags - including duct tape
6) rope and bungi cords - including duct tape
7) my old clutch - just for fun

>>> Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu> 10/24/98 09:20am >>>
I have just read the interesting account of a loose oil filter, etc etc..
It occurred to me that the writer was doing the right thing to have extra
oil on board.

Then, I wondered, what should *I* have on board my '79 Spit daily
driver?
It's a mostly intown, short trip (100-200 miles) car.

Yes, my roadside service is paid up and I carry a cell phone! :)

Any suggestions?  Tools, fluids, belts, filters, plugs, points ??? (It has
a mechanical distributor.)

Tks...

harve

TThorn@comp.uark.edu