Re: on board spares list

To: Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu>
Subject: Re: on board spares list
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 16:15:55 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sat, 24 Oct 1998, Thorn wrote:

> Any suggestions?  Tools, fluids, belts, filters, plugs, points ??? (It has
> a mechanical distributor.)

Tools:
Vise-Grips.  Small & Large (or pliers)
Screwdrivers.  A multi-tool is good in this case.
Small (toothbrush size) wire brush
Adjustable wrench
Bonking Stick

Fluids:
2L of water (or 4L depending on which bottle I filled last)
2 things of oil, one opened, one full
I used to carry gear oil but never needed it
Brake fluid

Parts:
Spare distributor plate w/ points & condensor already installed
distributor cap
spare fan-belt OR "emergency belt" (or date a girl w/ pantyhose)
duct tape!  (GOOD stuff, not the wimpy disguised-masking-tape)
rope, string, wire (electrical and baling)
a few screws and bolts in case one o' yours jumps ship

Stuff:
A fire extinguisher
extra parking coin, or pay phone coin, or toll booth...
tire fix-it aerosol thingy
flashlight
umbrella (if raining)
roll of paper towels

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm