Re: TR6 Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

To: ewcorco@erenj.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Front Wheel Bearing Replacement
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 20:46:13 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ned;
Replacing the front wheel bearings is straightfoward. Get one of those
wheel bearing cup grease units so you can introduce grease evenly around
the race and go at it. Of course, you know that there is a compressible
felt seal that goes behind the bearing- this is the only touchy part.
You only want enough force to seat the bearing- but not crush the seal.
In other words, you want the bearing to be tight against the seal- but
not too tight. A little fiddling will get you there.

Special tools? No.

Tinkering Jeff
'76 TR6