Z-S Carb (GT6-3) Troubles

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Z-S Carb (GT6-3) Troubles
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 09:47:58 -0500
A couple of weeks ago, my GT6 started acting out (some peculiar
childhood-base aggressions, perchance?)  It suddenly decided not to idle
without my pumping the throttle, but runs fairly normally at speed.

Yesterday's investigation reveals that the rear carb is suddenly running
WAY rich -- which is to say that when I place a Unisyn on it, or lift
the piston, the car races.  To my elemental understanding, this
indicates a mixture too rich -- i.e., the opposite of a vacuum leak
situation, where extra air leans out the mixture.  I have, however,
checked for vaccuum leaks and found none.

Additionally, I'm noticing some petrol (love that word) leakage around
the rear carb's float bowl.  The piston was also blackened a bit, unlike
the forward carb.

Does all of this mean anything to anyone?  Please?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6